South Tenerife Airport (TFS) Witnesses a Steady Recovery in Passenger Numbers in Q2 2023
South Tenerife Airport (TFS) has experienced a significant rebound in passenger numbers during the second quarter of 2023, indicating a positive recovery for the aviation industry. Despite the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, the airport has shown resilience and witnessed a steady increase in passenger traffic. Let's delve into the statistics and explore the key trends at South Tenerife Airport.
Passenger Statistics for Q2 2023
In Q2 2023, South Tenerife Airport welcomed a total of 2,763,968 passengers. This represents an 8.7% increase compared to the same quarter in the previous year. The growth in passenger numbers is a promising sign for the airport's recovery, indicating a gradual return to pre-pandemic levels.
Comparing Q2 2023 with the Previous Four Years
When comparing Q2 2023 with the same quarter in the previous four years, the following trends emerge:
- Q2 2019: The airport recorded 2,558,048 passengers, indicating a slight increase in comparison to Q2 2023.
- Q2 2020: Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the number of passengers plummeted to 23,672, representing a staggering 99.07% decrease from the previous year.
- Q2 2021: As travel restrictions eased, the airport experienced a significant rebound, with 491,138 passengers, marking a remarkable 1974.76% increase from the previous year.
- Q2 2022: The positive momentum continued, with 2,542,705 passengers, reflecting a 417.72% increase from the previous year.
- Q2 2023: The airport witnessed a steady growth of 8.7% compared to the same quarter in the previous year, with a total of 2,763,968 passengers.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Passenger Statistics for 2022
Analyzing the passenger statistics for the year 2022, we observe the following trends:
- 2018: South Tenerife Airport served 11,042,481 passengers.
- 2019: The number of passengers slightly increased to 11,168,427, representing a 1.14% growth from the previous year.
- 2020: The COVID-19 pandemic severely impacted travel, resulting in a significant decline in passenger numbers to 3,392,527, marking a 69.62% decrease from the previous year.
- 2021: As travel restrictions eased, the airport experienced a notable recovery, with 4,605,827 passengers, indicating a 35.76% increase from the previous year.
- 2022: The airport witnessed a remarkable rebound, serving a total of 10,821,703 passengers, reflecting a substantial 134.96% increase from the previous year.
South Tenerife Airport Flight Statistics
South Tenerife Airport offers a diverse range of flight options, catering to both domestic and international travelers. The top country destinations from the airport include the United Kingdom, Spain, Germany, Italy, and the Netherlands. The most popular international destinations are London, Manchester, Brussels, Edinburgh, and Bristol. For domestic travel, the top destinations are Las Palmas, Madrid, Lanzarote, Santa Cruz De La Palma, and Santiago De Compostela. The leading airlines operating at South Tenerife Airport are Ryanair, Jet2, easyJet, TUI, and Binter Canarias.
South Tenerife Airport has shown resilience and a steady recovery in passenger numbers during Q2 2023. Despite the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, the airport has witnessed consistent growth, indicating a positive trajectory for the aviation industry. With the easing of travel restrictions and the implementation of safety measures, South Tenerife Airport is well-positioned to continue its recovery and welcome more passengers in the coming months.
Are you a travel publisher and would like this information for your site/blog/publication?
Contact us on this form to request South Tenerife Airport Statistics (Statistics, data and infographics are available for a wide range of airports worldwide - please tell us your requirements using the form)
FREE Cancellations, NO card fees!
Value Options View Offers
Useful Information about Tenerife Reina Sofia Airport
Tenerife South Airport, located in Spain, experienced an impressive surge in passenger numbers during September 2023...View...
Tenerife South Airport Passenger Traffic - a Record High 7.19% in Q3 2023, Recovering Strongly from PandemicView...